Sunday, January 29

I’m really trying to work on not hating posting, but every time I sit down to write another, I just stare at the screen for 20 minutes before my fingers finally start to type. Writing is just not my thing.

We started new semester’s classes this week and I am changing the freshness of new students and positive energy in the classroom. I have Algebra 2 and Calculus, which are 2 of my favorites to teach. Should be a good semester. I continue to teach Algebra 1 and Pre-Algebra and like the 45-minute class schedule. I now have them at the beginning of the day so before I know it, I’ve already taught half my classes.

I just became a member of my church today. I had to share a part of my testimony with the leaders of the church along with 3 others. I’m excited to continue serving along with them.

My participation in English Club this January has been postponed with doctor’s appointments for my hands and joints, which continue to hurt. I have carpal tunnel, which is causing the numbness and pain in my hands, but it has definitely gotten better and continues to heal. The joint pain was labeled as a type of “fibromyalgia” but the doctor says doing rehabilitation should get rid of the pain...we’ll see. He did, however, rule out arthritis. For now I have to start looking for someone to learn these exercises from and see if my pain goes away. Right now it’s manageable and less than it was in December.

Fusion, mentoring, and tutoring all continue and give me great opportunities to interact with my students outside of the classroom. We’re going to start doing discussion groups during Fusion and hope that it will be a way to encourage deeper discussion and build relationships amongst groups.

Rafa and I skyped with my parents yesterday and have some activities planned for when they come. Two and a half more weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment