Tuesday, August 16

Back...


It’s hard to believe I’ve been away from Ohio for 3 weeks already. The time has flown by!

Said goodbye to family and friends on July 26th and headed to Tobago for a beautiful wedding. It was so nice to enjoy the beach and be a part of this event before heading back to Caracas. I got burnt twice despite numerous applications of sunscreen.



Rafa’s parents: 1st trip outside of Venezuela.

The bride and groom on rehearsal day


Beautiful beach wedding

Love that even in the midst of a wedding, he found time to smile for my camera

Eating a mango raw and peeling off the skin with my teeth...I was hungry.

Now picking out all the pieces of mango from between my teeth.

Beautiful little waterfall about a 20 minute walk from where we stayed.


Wearing the headband that his mom made for me.


Caracas is gorgeous as always. I think I love this city more than when I came a year ago, filled with excitement and the thrill of the unknown. After spending an entire day unpacking my 150 lbs of U.S. goodness, I reorganized my room and did some light grocery shopping. 

Since then, I’ve been spending time at school, preparing my room and lessons for this new school year. I’m excited about the year and really hope to improve as a teacher. 

Our director, through morning devotions, has reminded us of the importance of seeking the Lord daily and how necessary it is to be following God so that we can in turn lead our students. His words have been challenging and motivating. I am so thankful to have a director who values God’s Word and encourages us in our relationship with God. 

I’m still trying to sort out priorities and ministries this year. Saying no isn’t easy, especially to a ministry opportunity. Keep me in your prayers as I look to get involved in ministries where I can best serve God. 

Miss you all in the States. Come visit! 

Pictures to come when my internet is working a bit better. 

SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! You're going to rock this 2nd year. Now you REALLY know what you're doing. I looooove you.

    ReplyDelete