Tuesday, November 1

Quick Update

So it recently came to my attention that I have been neglecting my blog. Sorry people, I just really haven’t had anything particularly noteworthy to say. But, in an effort to please and make up for two months of zero activity here, I’ll try and come up with something. 


October flew by so fast I barely had time to blink. It included a solo visa trip to Aruba. I personally wouldn’t recommend vacations all alone. It was a bit boring and not so sunny. But I had a lovely boyfriend to come back to who helped me celebrate a wonderful birthday. We took the cable car up the Avila mountain, ate strawberries and cream, took goofy pictures, he bought me flowers, cooked a wonderful dinner, and then we celebrated with a cookie cake with his brother and Karla. 


This past month also has brought the onset of ministries. I am once again full to the brim with activities, although I do have some afternoons free. I am now tutoring Mondays and Tuesdays. On Thursdays I started tutoring in English for a guy who works in a poor area of Caracas and just joined the missionary organization InnerChange. 


We started English Club a few weeks ago and just last week had over 40 students, most of them newcomers. We are excited to have new relationships to build and we hope, new opportunities to share the gospel. My church has included English Club as one of its ministries and we met with the pastor this Sunday to encourage us and help Karla, Jose, and I set goals. The church is really focused on university missions and Karla and Jose were just appointed directors over that, so I have lots of opportunities to get involved.


I began playing piano at church a few weeks ago. It’s been a challenge and I still feel like I’m just getting my feet wet, but I am growing in my ability to read chords and improvise. It for sure has been a humbling experience. 


I continue to mentor a 9th grade student and could use prayer as I seek to counsel her. She is such a sweetheart and I enjoy spending time with her. Please be praying that my counsel would be Biblical and that her heart would be focused on glorifying Him. 


Fusion, the youth group program we do with the students on Fridays, has had its ups and downs this year. Teachers took over the music aspect so I am now singing every week but our group still needs more time playing together to really feel comfortable. Some weeks we have great participation from the students and other weeks it’s smaller. However, we’re committed to serving the Lord in this regardless of the “results.” 


I signed on officially for another year with ICS. There are a lot of people leaving or unsure of where God is leading them next year. Please keep the school in prayer as it looks for new teachers and struggles with decreasing student enrollment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment